This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by 2W International, LLC (“2Words”).
If you have general questions about your account or need to contact Customer Service for assistance, please contact us through our Website. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please read through our policy and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions.
The data controller of your personal information is 2W International, LLC. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We receive and store information about you such as:
• Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which might include:
• your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number.
• We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interacting with our Customer Support, when you participate in surveys or marketing promotions, or otherwise provided information to us through our service or elsewhere.
• Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service.
This information includes:
• your activity on the 2Words Website, such as watch and download history;
• your interactions with our email, push and text messaging;
• details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and voicemail recordings;
• device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
• Information from other sources: We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
• publicly-available sources such as open government databases, or publicly accessible knowledge and information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics.
For example, we use information to:
• determine your general geographic location, provide localized content and events;
• prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining eligibility);
• analyze and understand our audience, and improve our service (including our user interface experiences);
• communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about 2Words, details about new features and content available on 2Words, and special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
• The 2Words family of companies: We share your information among the 2Words family of companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
• Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process payment methods, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
• while using the 2Words service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
• social plugins and similar technologies allow you to share information.
ACCESS TO ACCOUNT AND PROFILES
For ease of access to your account, you can use the “Remember me” function when you log in to the website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the 2Words service without requiring re-entry of username/ password when your browser revisits the service.
• Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your watch history and account information (including your email address or other information in the “Account” area of our website).
YOUR INFORMATION AND RIGHTS
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the “My Account” portion of our website, where you have the ability to access and update a small range of information about your account, including your contact information, and change your password. You must be signed in to access the “My Account” section. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you, make any requests, or asks any other questions regarding our privacy practices by contacting email@example.com. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
You must be an employee of a school, school district, or approved sports club, or a parent associated with authorized program in order to have a membership with 2Words. Accordingly, you must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the 2Words service. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian. We do not accept any personal information of any individual under the age of 18.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the 2Words service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the 2Words service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the “Last Updated” section below.
1. What are cookies?
• Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
• Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we may also use other, similar types of technologies. We may use these for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service.
• Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with 2Words. For example, they prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as viewing patterns, click history, and other information) about our visitors’ use of the 2Words service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
Last Updated: August 10, 2020
2W International, LLC (“2Words”) is the exclusive licensed service provider, and distributor of the Mackey Leadership Group. 2Words distributes a weekly video based curriculum with corresponding workbooks (“2W Content”) that allows our members to access 2W Content streamed and downloaded over the internet to certain devices.
YOU AGREE TO THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER DESCRIBED IN SECTION 7 TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES WITH 2W INTERNATIONAL, LLC (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE TAKEN TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT).
• 1.1. Your 2W membership will remain active based on the terms purchased (semester or yearly) and will NOT automatically renew. After the end of the terms, the purchasing party will be contacted by 2W to renew membership for new 2W Content. If no interest in renewing is expressed, all accounts will expire and member access will no longer be available. To use 2W Service, you must have Internet access and a technical device.
• 1.2. We offer a number of membership plans. Some membership plans may have differing conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you.
2. Free Trials
• 2.1. A one week free trial is accessible to any party interested in purchasing 2Words Content. Your free-trial is intended to allow new and certain former members to try the service.
3. Billing and Cancellation
• 3.1. Billing Cycle. The membership fee for the 2Words service, will be invoiced at the beginning of your membership terms. If you renew past your original terms, or add an additional membership, a new invoice will be created and sent at each occurrence.
• 3.2. Payment Methods. To use the 2Words Membership Service, your organization (School, District, Department, etc.) must settle the open invoice in a timely manner. This organization will remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully received payment. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
• 3.3. Cancellation. You can cancel your 2Words membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the 2Words Content through the end of your billing period. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unwatched content. To cancel, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or any of our team members to begin the cancellation process.
• 3.4. Changes to the Price and Subscription Plans. We reserve the right to change our subscription plans or adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. All current member prices are locked and guaranteed.
• 3.5. No Refunds. Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
4. 2Words Service
• 4.2. The 2Words service and any content viewed through our service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household or applicable organization. During your 2Words membership, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the 2Words service and view 2Words content through the service. Except for the foregoing, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances without expressed written consent.
• 4.3. The 2Words service, including the curriculum content, is regularly updated. New content is published every school year. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including but not limited to our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of 2Words content.
• 4.4. Some 2Words content is available for temporary download and offline viewing. Limitations apply, including the content being copied, shared, or sold with any individuals or entities outside of current 2Words Members and Organizations.
• 4.6. The quality of the display of the 2Words content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD, Ultra HD and HDR availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in all formats, such as HD, Ultra HD or HDR and not all plans allow you to receive content in all formats. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. 2Words makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching 2Words content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the 2Words content you have selected and the configuration of your device.
• 4.7. 2Words software may solely be used for authorized streaming and viewing of content from 2Words. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. By using our service, you agree to receive, without further notice or prompting, updated versions of 2Words. If you do not accept the foregoing terms, do not use our service.
5. Passwords and Account Access
The organizational member who created the 2Words Organizational Account (“primary contact”) has access and control over the 2Words accounts that are used to access our service and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the 2Words account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
• 5.1 Accounts should only be accessed by the individual with whom’s name is on the account. You are not permitted to share login information with others.
6. Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
• 6.1. THE 2WORDS SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE 2WORDS SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. 2W INTERNATIONAL, LLC DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE 2WORDS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
• 6.2. THE AUTHOR AND CREATOR OF THIS CURRICULUM AND CONTENT, STEPHEN MACKEY; THE MACKEY LEADERSHIP GROUP; NOR 2W INTERNATIONAL, LLC, DO NOT PRESCRIBE THE USE OF ANY TECHNIQUE AS A FORM OF TREATMENT FOR PHYSICAL OR MEDICAL PROBLEMS WITHOUT THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY. THE INTENT OF THIS AUTHOR IS ONLY TO OFFER INFORMATION OF A GENERAL NATURE. NO LIABILITY IS ASSUMED FOR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE 2WORDS WEBSITE AND CURRICULUM, THE CONTENT, OR ANYTHING SAID, WRITTEN, INFERRED OR IMPLIED.
• 6.3. THE MACKEY LEADERSHIP GROUP, LLC STEPHEN MACKEY, 2W INTERNATIONAL, LLC, TIER1 LEADERSHIP, INC NOR ITS EMPLOYEES NOR REPRESENTATIVES, DO NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR CONTENT SHOWED TO ANY PERSON. COACHES, PARENTS, AND SCHOOLS ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR APPROVING THE CONTENT SHOWN TO ATHLETES, STUDENTS, CHILDREN, OR ANY OTHER PERSON IN THEIR CARE. ALL CONTENT SHOULD BE REVIEWED BY THE RESPONSIBLE PARTY BEFORE BEING SHARED WITH MINORS.
• 6.4. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL 2W INTERNATIONAL, LLC, OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY OF THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
• 6.5. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Arbitration Agreement
• 7.2. If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claim court action, you must first send to 2W International, LLC, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim (“Notice”). The Notice to 2Words must be addressed to: 2W International, LLC, P.O. Box 3684, Bryan, Texas 77805 (“Notice Address”). If 2Words initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your membership account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by 2Words, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If 2Words and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or 2Words may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court.
• 7.3. If a dispute arises from or relates to this contract or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through direct discussions, the parties agree to endeavor first to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration. The parties further agree that any unresolved controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The AAA Rules and Forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by writing to the Notice Address. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement.
• 8.2. Unsolicited Materials. 2Words does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for 2Words content, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to 2Words. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against 2Words and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
• 8.3. Feedback. 2Words is free to use any comments, photographs, videos, quotes, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (“Feedback”), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the 2Words service, including the 2Words website and user interfaces, worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the 2Words service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
• 8.7. Communication Preferences. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
9. Social Media Policy
As an account holder of 2Words, you grant permission to 2W International, LLC, Mackey Leadership Group, LLC, Tier1 Leadership, INC, (“2Words Companies”) or any of their staff or entities to post you and/or your child’s story, photo, or other item, hereinafter referred to as “Materials” on each individual entity’s website and social media platforms. I hereby release 2Words Companies, representatives, employees, managers, members, officers, parent companies, subsidiaries, and directors, from all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with any use of said “Materials”, including, without limitation, all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of my right of publicity, defamation and any other personal and/or property rights. I acknowledge and agree that no sums whatsoever will be due to me as a result of the use and/or exploitation of the “Materials” or any rights therein. Confidentiality/Procedures in regards to all individuals (both minors and adults) interacting on Social Media Platforms with 2Words Companies and representatives, including but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
• 9.1 Sharing information about students/athletes with administrators/school staff. Sharing information with administration is important when a student’s safety is in question. This may be sexual behaviors, self-harm, drug use or threats to self or others. We will notify coaches or administrators of any threats to self or others. Anything that we are told via social media is considered public information, and we will report everything received to the appropriate individual. Once all information (including complete documentation of messages) has been sent to the school counselor or coach, 2Words, MackeySpeaks, and Tier1 Leadership are no longer responsible for the actions taken.
• 9.2 Procedures if a student states she is pregnant: We will immediately report to the school counselor or coach if a student/ athlete has reached out via social media to share they are pregnant. Once the counselor is notified, we will encourage them to find out how or if the student has confirmed her pregnancy. Other issues to consider include whether the sex was consensual and the age difference of both parties. If we are given that information, we will then send all relevant information to the counselor or coach. Once all information (including complete documentation of messages) has been sent to the counselor, 2Words, MackeySpeaks, and Tier1 Leadership are no longer responsible for the actions taken.
• 9.3 Procedures if a student states she/he was touched by an adult several years earlier or by another student more recently: If the student tells us he/she was inappropriately touched, we will immediately share that information to the school counselor or coach regardless of the amount of time that has passed. We still have a duty to report. If the student was touched by another student, we will go through a Title IX protocol. We will contact the individual’s school administration who then has the responsibility of contacting the local police department to investigate. In the case of young children, the administration is responsible for contacting child protective services. We will not ever question if the student is being honest, but will immediately report what we have been told. Once all information (including complete documentation of messages) has been sent to the school counselor or coach, 2Words, MackeySpeaks, and Tier1 Leadership are no longer responsible for the actions taken.
• 9.4 Procedures when a student/athlete claims to have suicidal thoughts/actions: We will report to the school counselor immediately. The school counselor is then responsible for the actions of the student/athlete and should immediately perform a suicide risk assessment as soon as hearing that a student talks about harming himself/herself, or if there is concern that a student has thoughts about hurting himself/herself. Once all information (including complete documentation of messages) has been sent to the counselor, 2Words, MackeySpeaks, and Tier1 Leadership are no longer responsible for the actions taken.
• 9.5 Procedures when a student has an inappropriate social media handle or biography. If a student makes claims of illegal actions or shows signs of mental health issues, we will ask the student/athlete about it and report immediately to the school counselor or coach. Once all information (including complete documentation of messages) has been sent to the school counselor or coach, 2Words, MackeySpeaks, and Tier1 Leadership are no longer responsible for the actions taken.
• 9.6 Procedures when a student wants to communicate via direct messages. If a student reaches out for questions/comments we will answer all they need accordingly and immediately stop conversation. If the student/athlete proceeds to incessantly reach out once information and encouragement have been given we will not reply. If the behavior continues, we will then report the student/ athlete to their coach or school administration. Once all information (including complete documentation of messages) has been sent to the school counselor or coach, 2Words, MackeySpeaks, and Tier1 Leadership are no longer responsible for the actions taken.
Last Updated: August 10, 2020